Sullivan County Community Hospital is a county owned, 25-bed Critical Access Hospital governed by a 5 member Board of Trustees appointed by the County Commissioners. Primary service area is 21,300. SCCH provides full service acute care, as well as, sleep lab, stress testing, cardiac rehab, home health, rural health clinic, and pain management. There are 16 active physicians on staff with another 98 in courtesy/consulting roles. Gross patient revenues = $81.9 million with net patient revenues = $32.1 million and A/R days = 48 (Gross)/56 (Net). ADC = 7.0. FTE’s/adjusted occupied bed = 5.1. Bad debt = 2.5% of gross patient revenues. The hospital has 175 days cash on hand. Accounting software is Meditech. The hospital completed construction on an 8,000 sq. ft, building in 2012 housing employed providers and is currently building a 2nd professional office building (10,000 sq ft) which will include a 12-chair dialysis center and outpatient gero-psych service.
Sullivan (population 4,300) and Sullivan County (population 21,300) are situated in western Indiana about 25 miles south of Terre Haute and 60 miles west of Bloomington. It is also centrally located to the larger cities of Nashville, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Chicago, Louisville and Cincinnati. A quaint, small town, Sullivan is the county seat. The county supports two public school corporations (Southwest and Northeast) which encompasses grades K – 12. The area is well known for hiking, hunting and bird watching. Sullivan County Park and Lake was created in 1968 and features boating, swimming, fishing, a campground and a 9-hole golf course. Peabody Energy Corporation is the largest employer in the county. Relevant websites include: www.schosp.com; www.cityofsullivan.org; www.sullivancountyindiana.us; www.sctb.net
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required. CPA/MBA and/or FHFMA preferred.
- 5 to 10 years management experience in an executive-level finance role demonstrating a proven track record in all aspects of accounting and finance in a not-for-profit healthcare industry. CAH experience required, Meditech experience strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to healthcare finance and accounting. Experienced in healthcare collections and third party reimbursement. Demonstrated knowledge, negotiating skills and diplomacy in Managed Care contracting and bond rating agency preparation.
- Ability to define and implement productivity measurement and financial performance systems to achieve accurate day-to-day monthly financial projections and improve management’s ability to monitor and adjust staffing, supplies and other factors affecting operational efficiency.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with Medical Staff, Board level individuals, fellow senior executives, direct reports and employees.
- Demonstrated leadership through a culture of respect. Must possess and demonstrate an ability to lead the organization in the absence of the CEO.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- To attract and retain the best professionals, Quorum Health Resources offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
PLEASE NOTE: The CFO will be an employee of Quorum Health Resources.
Click on the link below to apply on-line: