Responsible for managing all aspects of billing and collecting patient accounts. This position provides direction to the Business Office staff, Financial Services, Clinical Charging, Item Master and Billing Compliance. Ensures adequate staffing and monitors quality of work in all areas of the Business Office and Financial Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Exemplifies and serves as a role model for exceptional customer service.
- Regular reliable attendance.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates proficient use of email.
- Monitors and reports on key metrics such as days outstanding, unbilled, denials etc. related to billing.
- Establishes and maintains controls for all cash collected and posted by staff.
- Maintains effective communication with third party insurance carriers to resolve issues that impede cash flow and detract from customer satisfaction.
- Reviews all adjustment requests, analyzes for accuracy.
- Establishes and monitors work assignments.
- Utilizes experience and problem solving skills to formulate recommendations for operational improvements and/or develop solutions for existing operational problems.
- Leads and provides operational directives for all Business Office activities related to the claims management and collections of the hospital receivables and ensures timely, efficient cash collections to support the overall financial goals and objectives.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with patients, hospital departments and physicians.
- Prepares yearly departmental budget.
- Manages employee hours to ensure adequate staffing levels are planned at all times.
- Selects and monitors outside collection vendors engaged in the collection of hospital receivables. Reviews and balances agency reports to hospital; system reports and approves agency invoices. Provides ongoing training for employees to ensure procedures are being followed.
- Assist in negotiating and providing analysis of managed care contracts.
- Hold regular staff meetings with employees. Motivates employees to work productively.
- Implements cross training of staff where possible.
- Maintains compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that relate to the Business Office.
- Responsible for initiating, reviewing, implementing and maintaining contracts with vendors for Patient Accounting functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate. Bachelor degree in Business or Healthcare related field.
- Five years or more experience in Patient Accounting.
- Five years or more in management.
- Experience with Medicaid and commercial insurance required.
- Good Computer skills with excel, word, and other various programs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
To apply, please visit www.cameronmch.com or email your resume to Jbetts@cameronmch.com